Investing in an electric generator isn’t just about convenience; it’s about safeguarding your way of life. Don’t be left in the dark; safeguard your future. These are some the benefits to getting a generator:
Why You Absolutely Need an Electric Generator
1. Uninterrupted Power Supply: Power outages are unpredictable. Whether it’s due to a storm, grid failures, or maintenance, blackouts can last for hours or even days. With an electric generator, you ensure that your home or business remains powered, providing not only comfort but also safety. Imagine never having to fumble in the dark or lose out on productivity!
2. Protects Essential Appliances: For many, appliances like refrigerators, medical equipment, and heating or cooling systems aren’t just conveniences – they’re necessities. A generator acts as a security blanket, ensuring that these appliances remain operational, protecting your food from spoiling, or ensuring that life-saving devices remain active.
3. Increases Property Value: Homes and businesses equipped with backup generators are often perceived as more valuable. Potential buyers or clients see a generator as a sign of preparedness and forward-thinking, which can translate to higher resale value or more business opportunities.
4. Peace of Mind: Above all, owning a generator provides unparalleled peace of mind. Knowing that you are prepared for any power-related contingency allows you to rest easy, confident that you can weather any electrical storm that comes your way.
At Meer Electric, our team of skilled estimators, dedicated project managers, and licensed electricians are here to guide you through every step of your generator installation. With years of expertise under our belt, we ensure that your project not only adheres to the highest electrical codes but also gets completed within the stipulated timeline. Below are 4 typical steps to install your generator successfully:
1. Assessment and Site Preparation: Before installation, a professional conducts an assessment to determine the appropriate generator size and capacity for the home or business. This involves analyzing the electricity consumption and identifying essential circuits. Once the generator size is chosen, a suitable location is determined, typically a flat surface that’s easily accessible for maintenance and far from windows or vents to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the building.
2. Foundation and Placement: A stable foundation is crucial for generator longevity. Depending on the size and weight of the generator, it may be placed on a concrete slab or gravel pad. Proper anchoring ensures the generator remains stable during operation.
3. Electrical and Fuel Connections: The generator is connected to the main electrical panel via a transfer switch, which detects power outages and seamlessly transitions power sources. Additionally, the generator requires a fuel source, such as natural gas, propane, or diesel. Proper fuel lines are established, ensuring they meet local building codes.
4. Testing and Finalization: After the generator and all its connections are set, it’s crucial to test the system to ensure it functions correctly during an outage. This includes testing the automatic transfer switch and ensuring the generator runs efficiently under load. Regular maintenance and periodic testing are recommended to keep the generator in optimal condition.
With these steps in place, homes and businesses can ensure continuous power even during unexpected outages.
No matter urgent any electrical repairs seem, it’s never okay to attempt to handle them on your own. Trying to take care of electrical problems without professional training is extremely dangerous. If you or someone else aren’t hurt during your attempt, there’s still a chance that you’ve left something undone that poses a huge risk to you, your home, or your family. In fact, faulty electrical wiring is the number one cause of house fires in the United States, according to the National Fire Protection Agency. So in order to make sure that your home is safe, always rely on a professional for any electrical services.
When searching for a reliable electrician, call us at 1 (770) 993-8028. We specialize in commercial electrician services including building code consultation, bucket truck services, upgrades, conversions, project management and more.
Excellent company. Excellent work. We had three projects to do at the house and right from the start We knew we were in great hands – very professional very smart guys very efficient workers. We had them hang a chandelier in the foyer, they added an outlet in our floor, and they fixed our under counter lighting. So good we will definitely use them for anything we need that’s electrical.
Hired Meer Electric to install three ceiling fans in our upstairs bedrooms. Richard and Zack came on time, were polite and courteous throughout the whole process, and finished the job within a reasonable amount of time. They cleaned up after themselves before leaving, and even took the time to give advice and to answer some questions my wife had about possible future work/updating. Out of the three quotes I requested for the job, they were the most reasonable as well.
This was my first time using Meer – from the office phone call to the service, everything was excellent. I will recommend you to all of my friends and co-workers!
Meer Electric is the best!! The entire process from start to finish was so easy. We had a big project and we were concerned about the scope of work that needed to be completed, we were worried about budgeting and we had tight timelines to work inside of. Meer worked around all of that and our project was completed quickly and at a very fair price.
The crew there are friendly, professional and a pleasure to have hired. If we need electrical work done again we’ll call Meer without hesitation.
Thank you so much Brian, Sahand, Luis!